Re: SQL*NET V2.0 Network Manager Error

From: Axel Rose <rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 95 22:31:14 GMT

Philippe Dachsbeck (100010.2403_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: <Full message this time: sorry...>

: Configuring our first PC client with SQLNET V2.0, we are using
: the PC tool "Oracle Network Manager" to setup our clients,
: listeners, ....:

Sorry for not being able to help you directly. I want to use the opportunity to complain about the IMHO WORST WINDOWS PROGRAM I personally ever saw.
If you try to "Connect" twice with a wrong configuration you will get an UAE.
If the connection is directed towards a V1 SQL*Net server all other clients are stopped and there is no chance to stop the orasrv besides to kill the orasrv process. With a screen resolution of 800 x 600 you need to move the V1 connect string window three times to the left until you can reach the Cancel button.
The help system is a laugh.
The booklet "Customer Information" is full of addresses which are not readable (look after Austria or Germany). It looks as if no quality assurance ever happended. So I presume that even if you can puzzle out the problem with share.exe Oracles Network Manager is unusable. It is a shame and I hope that someome of Oracle is reading this and announcing a complete rework of the so called Network Manager.

Axel

P.S.: I am working with Oracle RDBMS for 3 years now and like to   work with it but those Windows releases are a pain and nothing   more.

--
Axel Rose - Hamburg, Germany     "Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
e-mail: rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de         Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,