Re: Warp Paradox(DOS) & SQL

From: Lawrence V. Rohrer <lrohrer_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 20:15:59 -0800

In article <3ifrgc$fv0_at_druid.borland.com>, sreiss_at_wpo.borland.com (Steve Reiss) wrote:

> >sessions under WARP. Explicit SQL commands and embedded commands in scripts
> >in Paradox use to work under OS/2 2.11. We basically have copied the same
> >settings, etc. over to WARP. Under WARP, we get nasty Oracle error messages
> >like "two-task error" and "user cancelled command". We are able to do SQL
> >commands to our Oracle database server in OS/2 sessions.
> >
> >We are currently using IPXODI SPX & SQL Net protocols.

I can't completely answer your question. It is a set up problem though. Check these areas out: Is orasrv running? Has the default two-task variable changed between these operating system? What about the /etc/services file or its equivelent on OS/2? Try changing the two_task variable. Do you have the version of paradox for your new version of OS/2 AND the Oracle version you have. Does sqlplus work? What about your startup scripts (database, sql*net, network protocols, user's)?

Yes Oracle will help but the answer will not be that different. sorry. Received on Thu Feb 23 1995 - 05:15:59 CET

Original text of this message