Re: Is EASYSQL an obsolete product?

From: Richard J Avery <Richard_Avery_cnt40719_at_nt.com>
Date: 22 Feb 1995 09:02:19 GMT

In article <1995Feb15.033356.25012_at_uxmail.ust.hk>, cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk (Tang Wai Shing Wilson) wrote:

[SNIP - eassql problems]

> I heard from Oracle that it was obsolete. Is it true? Any idea why
> I got the following error when I started it and any way to bypass?
>
> error: $ORACLE_HOME/crt/admin/XTERM.crt does not exist
>
> I did got a lot of .sql files in the above directory?

> Tang Wai Shing, Wilson email: cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk
> Department of Computer Science, HKUST, HK tel# : (852)-358-7004

Tang,
I can't help with the easysql problems but I do know that the sql files you can see contain definitions of codes which are needed to drive different terminals. These codes need to be inserted into the crt tables and then a separate program run which will produce the driver (crt) files. There should be some documentation either in the crt directories or the accompanying manuals on how to generate crt files. I will try to find the documentation and mail something to you. Received on Wed Feb 22 1995 - 10:02:19 CET

Original text of this message