Re: WWW Kit, does it work under Linux and/or NT ?

From: Sarah Green <greens_at_matrix.hv.boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:09:54 GMT

In article <cheema.792707668_at_nntp.msstate.edu>, Mubashir Cheema (cheema_at_earth.sparco.com) wrote:

>Our web server is on a Linux machine and the database is on an NT
>machine. I hope this is not too unusual of a situation. I am just
>wondering if anybody else out there is in a similar situation and
>have been able to connect the two with or without the Oracle World
>Wide Web interface kit.

    Yes! (though our db server is not NT based.)     My understanding (secondhand) is that the Oracle WWW I/F kit     has to be on the same node as the Oracle 7 database.

>Also is there a company/individual out there that does help small
>business do things like these ?

    Yes. They are called consultants. <g>

Sarah Green.
Boeing
PR speaks for Boeing, I don't. Received on Wed Feb 22 1995 - 15:09:54 CET

Original text of this message