Re: WWW Kit, does it work under Linux and/or NT ?

From: Magnus Lonnroth <mloennro_at_se.oracle.com>
Date: 24 Feb 1995 23:28:01 GMT

In article <1995Feb22.140954.22896_at_grace.rt.cs.boeing.com> greens_at_matrix.hv.boeing.com (Sarah Green) writes:
> In article <cheema.792707668_at_nntp.msstate.edu>, Mubashir Cheema (cheema_at_earth.sparco.com) wrote:
> >>
> >Our web server is on a Linux machine and the database is on an NT
> >machine. I hope this is not too unusual of a situation. I am just
> >wondering if anybody else out there is in a similar situation and
> >have been able to connect the two with or without the Oracle World
> >Wide Web interface kit.
> >
> Yes! (though our db server is not NT based.)
> My understanding (secondhand) is that the Oracle WWW I/F kit
> has to be on the same node as the Oracle 7 database.

Not true. You can use SQL*Net v1 or v2 to connect to an Oracle database anywhere on the network. You do need Oracle7 libraries to build Pro*C and/or OCI executables on the web-node, depending on which gateways you choose to install from the Oracle World Wide Web Interface Kit.

--

Magnus Lonnroth			E-mail: mloennro_at_se.oracle.com
Product Manager	Europe		Visit : Molndalsvagen 91, Goteborg, Sweden