Re: TP Monitor ?

From: Priyesh Amin <p-amin_at_nimr.mrc.ac.uk>
Date: 16 Feb 1995 10:05:01 GMT

In article <3herr4$aiv_at_socrate>, staccuc_at_riq.qc.ca says...

>What is a TP monitor, like tuxedo. What are the advantages of using
>a TP monitor with oracle. How do I interface with a tp monitor ?
>When should I use one ?
>Where can I find information about this ?
>
>thank you.

A TP monitor such as tuxedo will allow you to manage transactions being requested on a database. There are several reasons why you may want to do this. Firstly, the number of transactions being requested on a system may exceed the optimal number of transactions that the system can handle.  Rather than the system being bogged down in the management of transactions, the TP monitor will intercept requests for transactions and manage them. The advantage is that the TP monitor will schedule the optimal no. of transactions foor the system in question.

Another use of a TP monitor is when performing a two phase commit where the databases involved are different. So, for example, you may have an Oracle database on one machine and an Informix database on another. By using a TP monitor it allows you to perform true two phase commit processing across different platforms. Received on Thu Feb 16 1995 - 11:05:01 CET

Original text of this message