Rows in a table

From: Lynn Wood <lynnwood_at_crash.cts.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 20:14:31 GMT

[ Article crossposted from comp.databases.informix ]
[ Author was Lynn Wood ]
[ Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 1995 16:58:43 GMT ]

I work for a long distance company that has a need to store about 36 - 48 million callrecords in a database. We are considering Oracle & Informix.

My questions to any employees at Oracle & Informix is:

  1. What is the maximum no of rows that can be stored. (Above figures only account for current volume, and not for growth)
  2. Can I reindex a table and continue to use the table.
  3. If i reindex a table, can I only recreate one index on a table that has many.

Thanks in advance,
Greg          Received on Wed Feb 15 1995 - 21:14:31 CET

Original text of this message