Re: HELP.. SQLMENU menu styles problem

From: Youri N. Podchosov <ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 1995 22:32:28 EST

In article <1995Feb8.154701.40982_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu>, 00pegottwald_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu writes:
|> I am kinda new to ORACLE and I am having some trouble with SQLMENU 5.0.
|> First
|> we are using the following here at our site:
|>
|> On a Vax mini cluster we have:
|>
|> Oracle 6.0 SQL*Forms 3.0
|> SQL*MENU 5.0
|>
|> I am having a problem with SQL*MENU 5.0. Specifically, I am having trouble
|> controlling the menu styles. Apparently, the default menu style for
|> SQL*MENU
|> 5.0 is the "pull down" style. However, when I change the menu style to
|> "Full
|> Screen" and then "Generate" and "Execute" the menu - it works fine, I get the
|> "Quit"
|> to end the SQLMENU session. Now when I try to run the menu that I just saved
|> menu
|> style - not the "Full Screen" menu style that I just saved... For some
|> reason
|> I can't seem to save the "Full Screen" menu style.. And then when I get
|> back
|> into the SQLMENU session and "OPEN" the menu to check the menu style - sure
|> enough the menu style has (somehow) been reset to the default "pull down"
|> style - and not the "Full Screen" menu style that I tried to save earlier..
|>
|> Can anyone help me out or give me some suggestions of why I can't seem to
|> save the "Full Screen" menu style.. Any suggestions or comments
|> would be *greatly* appreciated...

This is because you're changing the menu style *for current session of menu designer* only, not for the menu you're working on. AFAIK the only way to get non-pull-down menu at run time is to specify required style explicitly in runmenu50 command line (-m f[ullscreen] for example).

| Youri N. Podchosov (ynp) *** Davidsohn & Son, Inc. NYC *** 718-234-4140 | | Internet: ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net CIS: 72723,2202 AOL: ynp, yourip |