Re: Personal Oracle7 Slow

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 16:04:17 GMT

In article <3h8pdl$4ue_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, briqui_at_aol.com (BriQui) says:

>Remeber that Oracle7 was ported from larger footprint machines to the PC.
>To be effective, you'll need lots of memory. Probably 32MB. Cheers__Brian

That's probably likely. From what I heard, it's 8MB minimum with NO PL/SQL, 16 MB minimum with PL/SQL, and if you want to run any tools (Forms 4.5 etc) you'll need at least 24MB. I'd say 32MB would be realistic.

With this kind of required configuration, I'd rather just run NT and get a stable OS to boot.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 17:04:17 CET

Original text of this message