Re: parallel query

From: Paul Singer <singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 03:53:58 GMT

alal1_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Anuj Lal) wrote:

> I heard oracle 7.1 has parallel query option.
> I have single query which has process table with 10 million rows
> and fetch around 50000 rows.
> How can I use the paralle query option for this query.

> Do i have to declare different cursor for each process fetching data
> from same table.
> Thanks
> alal1_at_eccdb1.pms.ford.com

There are 2 ways that this works. The first is that you alter the table and declair access to it to be parallel. The syntax is specified in the 7.1 documentation ademdum that should have been shipped with your 7.1 version.

The second way is to embed a hint in your query something like this:

SELECT --+ PARALLEL(table alies, degree of parallelism, number

 			of nodes )
	* FROM table ...

Again, the syntax is sepecifed in the documentation addendum. Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 04:53:58 CET

Original text of this message