Re: PRO*C and Oracle 7

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 13:22:09 GMT

eveleigc_at_cuug.ab.ca wrote:

:> As part of our testing prior to converting from version 6 to Oracle*7,
:> ProC started to fail with error:
:>
:> ORA-1405: fetched column value is NULL

:> Has anybody else experienced this? and even better has anyone found a fix
:> for it?

:> Steve Taylor S.Taylor_at_lmu.ac.uk
:> Computer Manager Leeds Metropolitan University

Yes this is an Oracle 7 feature.

You can do the following:

--

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
static  short int       text_i ;                        /* text idicator             */

EXEC SQL FETCH temp_text INTO :text :text_i ;

The text_i will contain the number of characters returned.
Since a null statement returns 0 into text_i, the ORA-1405 error is suppressed.

---
I speak for me, not the company I work for.