Re: PRO*C and Oracle 7

From: <eveleigc_at_cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 04:27:22 GMT

> As part of our testing prior to converting from version 6 to Oracle*7,
> ProC started to fail with error:
>
> ORA-1405: fetched column value is NULL

> Has anybody else experienced this? and even better has anyone found a fix
> for it?

> Steve Taylor S.Taylor_at_lmu.ac.uk
> Computer Manager Leeds Metropolitan University

I have seen the problem under Solaris 2.3 using Oracle 7.0.16. The fix was to upgrade to Oracle 7.1.4, which brings it's own set of issues, but you should be okay if you use Pro*C version 1.6. Version 2.0 is just to new, like most x.0 releases.

Good luck.
Craig Received on Tue Feb 07 1995 - 05:27:22 CET

Original text of this message