Re: Importing LONG RAW

From: Doug Halke <halked_at_ccsmtp.ccf.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 15:08:20 GMT

In article <1.21133.2249.0N27F023_at_dscmail.com>, richard.vernick_at_dscmail.com (Richard Vernick) says:

>What's the best way of importing binary data into long raw fields?
>SQL*Loader doesn't make it easy...

We had the same opportunity with importing binary data into a long raw column. Our testing basically lead us to using SQL*Loader but each image along with it's primary key data was set up in an individual file. So if we had 50 images to load, we would have to run SQL*Loader 50 times against 50 files. Not eligant, but it's workable.

I don't know anything about SQL*Forms but in PowerBuilder, there are special "blob" datatypes and functions and a bitmap object for displaying images. Perhaps SQL*Forms works the same way?

Good Luck.

Doug Halke               |
Cleveland, Ohio          |   Where ever you go, there you are.
halked_at_ccsmtp.ccf.org | Received on Tue Feb 07 1995 - 16:08:20 CET

Original text of this message