PL/SQL problem

From: Deeptendu Majumder <fallin_at_max.tiac.net>
Date: 6 Feb 1995 18:25:57 GMT

Can somebody tell me why this PL/SQL block in my PRO*C program causing the program to disconnect from ORACLE server.

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
BEGIN
      SELECT 1 INTO :ok_flag FROM DUAL;
END;
END-EXEC; ok_flag has been declared as an integer host variable.

The message that I get is the following:

Unexpected oracle server termination by signal 6

We run two versions of ORACLE. 7.0.12.1.0 and 7.0.16.6.

I am having the above problem with 7.0.12.1.0 and I have not yet tried it on the other. The PL/SQL release is ( PL/SQL Release 2.0.14.0.1 - Production)

thanks much

ps: I have to say I am really getting frustrated with somewhat unpredictable behavior of PL/SQL and and due to lack of any worthwhile help from ORACLE support I have been slowly taking out chunks of PL/SQL code little by little; replacing them with regular embedded SQL. The above is the latest problem I am having and it really puzzles me. May be I am missing something. Received on Mon Feb 06 1995 - 19:25:57 CET

Original text of this message