Oracle APPC - anyone used it

From: a-cha <adrian_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 15:25:08 GMT

My clients will be starting a development in the next week or so that is intened to connect an Oracle Server system to some remote databases using Oracle APPC Procedural Gateway. As I understand it, this allows SNA Lu6.2 transactions to be defined in such away that they actually appear to be PL/SQL commands.

Has anyone actually used this successfully? Oracle are telling me that it only runs on an RS/6000 system. Is this true? So much for cross platform development!

Any news/views or comments gratefully received!!!!

Adrian Challinor
Osiris Consultants Ltd
London, UK

adrian_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk Received on Sat Feb 04 1995 - 16:25:08 CET

Original text of this message