Re: Previous Row values

From: troy trimble <troyt_at_sun.com>
Date: 3 Feb 1995 13:41:38 GMT

In article 19084_at_atl.com, sullma_at_atl.com (Steve Ullman) writes:
>I would like to know if there is anyway to look at what was in
>an Oracle table row/column prior to it being changed. We are
>running our 7.016a Oracle Database on HP-UX 9000-800 series
>machines using O.S. version 9.04. I've looked through the
>Server Administrator's guide and nothing has leaped out at
>me. I see lots of ways to recover data but none to audit
>data that has changed.
>
>Thanks in advance but only if the answer is yes!

Row-Level UPDATE and DELETE database triggers can do this at the time the changes are being committed. Check the manuals for more details.

Later,
TT

 Troy W. Trimble -- troyt_at_csdc02.orl.mmc.com -- Engineer, Software Development   Martin Marietta Corporation -- Civil Information Systems -- Orlando, Florida