Re: Previous Row values

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 16:04:30 -0800

On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Steve Ullman wrote:

> I would like to know if there is anyway to look at what was in
> an Oracle table row/column prior to it being changed. We are

> me. I see lots of ways to recover data but none to audit
> data that has changed.
>
> Thanks in advance but only if the answer is yes!

Will a "sorta" work? The archived redo log files (you do archive?) will have the before and after image in them. The only product I have found that will read and report on these files is SQL*TRAX.

Good Luck.

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-464-2905         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111 Packet: Not currently active |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Thu Feb 02 1995 - 01:04:30 CET

Original text of this message