Re: FORMS 3 help needed

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 2 Feb 1995 12:34:37 GMT

Phil Roberts (proberts_at_iglou.iglou.com) wrote:
: I have a newbie question. Please answer if you can.

: When using SQL*Forms 3 how do I limit what data can be input into a field?
: I want to allow only three values to be input into the field. Only an 'A',
: 'B', or 'C' can be input. I haven't figured out how to keep other characters

: from being input in the field.

: As the input people do data entry they sometimes rush and enter other
: characters without checking their input. I must eliminate this through some
: means so that they can only enter the 'A', 'B', or 'C'. How is this done?

: Phil Roberts | proberts_at_iglou.com
: -------------------------------------------
: IgLou - The Internet Gateway of Louisville

:

--
You could put an

	if translate (:field, 'ABC','A') != 'A' THEN
	 error stuff here
	end if

in a on-validate-field key trigger.
Code assumes you have the field marked required and
you have the upper case control on.
 if not use 'ABCabc' in the translate function.
jstrange_at_ccmail.dsccc.com |  John Strange           | If frogs had wings
  214-519-3574            | DSC Communications Corp | they wouldn`t bump
--------------------------+ 600 Data Dr,  MS ISD07  | their butt as
I speak for me, not DSC.  | Plano, Tx 75075         | they hopped along.