Re: FORMS 3 help needed

From: James Richard <no email>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 13:06:12 GMT

In article <D33Dyq.77C_at_iglou.com> proberts_at_iglou.iglou.com (Phil Roberts) writes:
>I have a newbie question. Please answer if you can.
>
>When using SQL*Forms 3 how do I limit what data can be input into a field?
>I want to allow only three values to be input into the field. Only an 'A',
>'B', or 'C' can be input. I haven't figured out how to keep other characters
>from being input in the field.
>
>As the input people do data entry they sometimes rush and enter other
>characters without checking their input. I must eliminate this through some
>means so that they can only enter the 'A', 'B', or 'C'. How is this done?
>

> Phil Roberts | proberts_at_iglou.com
> IgLou - The Internet Gateway of Louisville

Try the field's fields of VALID LIMITS:, LOW:, HIGH: if you have a continous range or
write an ON_VALIDATE_FIELD trigger for specific values. If you have any more than a half a dozen values (i.e. series of code values) do a SELECT on a code table.

James Richard (JRICHARD_at_TUNS.CA)
"No Assembler Required!" Received on Fri Feb 03 1995 - 14:06:12 CET

Original text of this message