Re: Monitoring tools - Any recommendations?

From: John Symington <john_at_comsense.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 95 05:23:38 GMT

In article <3goik5$uh_at_news.sas.ab.ca>, <hkee_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
>We are currently evaluating monitoring tools for our Database
>Servers (mostly HP9000s) and my primary interest is in products that
>recognizes database performance parameters, user defined thresholds and
>triggers alerts or corrective action accordingly. In a nutshell.
>
>We've looked at products from BGS, Bull, Candle; products that range from
>good but pricey to cheap but inflexible. Basically, we'd like to
>look at a wider range of products so if you're currently using a product
>that does its job and hasn't broken your pocketbook, pls mail me.

We have developed a monitoring tool called I/Watch which I think would meet your needs. If you are willing to try out a Beta version let me know.

Production release is a couple of months away.

John

John Symington                                    Phone  +61 3 885 5829
Common Sense Computing                            Fax    +61 3 885 0116
16 Dunlop St, Ashburton, Vic. 3147 Australia      E-Mail john_at_comsense.com