Re: Monitoring tools - Any recommendations?

From: Gerry Leith <Gerry_at_bradmark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 16:29:05 +0000

In article <3goik5$uh_at_news.sas.ab.ca> hkee_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca " " writes:

> We are currently evaluating monitoring tools for our Database
> Servers (mostly HP9000s) and my primary interest is in products that
> recognizes database performance parameters, user defined thresholds and
> triggers alerts or corrective action accordingly. In a nutshell.
>
> We've looked at products from BGS, Bull, Candle; products that range from
> good but pricey to cheap but inflexible. Basically, we'd like to
> look at a wider range of products so if you're currently using a product
> that does its job and hasn't broken your pocketbook, pls mail me.
>
> Thanks. Ciao!
>

> hkee
>
> Standard disclaimers apply.
> Comments and posts are my own, not my employer's.

I think that the product you are looking for is DBGeneral. It provides pretty well everything you ask for, plus more. DBGeneral is a windows based performance monitor which provides realtime analysis, data recording, event recording and data graphing.

You can contact Bradmark on 1-800-ASK-BRAD, or 713-621-2808. Bradmark UK can be reached on +44 1905 795444 - please feel free to call me if you would like.

Best wishes

--
Gerry Leith
Bradmark UK Limited