Re: What's the database password in Personal Oracle?

From: Bill Kannawin <kannawin_at_q.osmre.gov>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 21:49:09 GMT

In article <D39yxn.4tF_at_nvl.army.mil>, bajones_at_astro (Ebeth Jones) writes:

|> I just finished installing personal Oracle on my PC and was
|> ditzing around trying to learn how things work, but seem to have
|> hit a snag. In the Oracle session manager, it pops up saying
|> that the database is Oracle7, then asks for a password. When
|> the installation was finished, it said that the password was
|> oracle, but it's not accepting that, also not accepting manager
|> or change_on_install. What am I doing wrong?
|>

|> --
|> Elizabeth Jones E-MAIL: bajones_at_nvl.army.mil
|>
|> "After long thought and much perplexity, to be very brief was all
|> that she could determine on with any confidence of safety." Jane Austen

Did you use the Database Manager to start the database first??

The password oracle should work. Once the database is started, you can start the session manager. There are three uses names set up as the following.

Uesr Password

sys oracle
system manager
scott tiger

The username scott is the demo user and comes complete with tables build and populated.

Hope This helps

--
Bill Kannawin (303)672-5587 kannawin_at_osmre.gov| They said build it and they
Technical Information Processing System       | will come, We did, They didn't