Re: DB table space calculations

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: 1 Feb 1995 17:49:11 GMT

lji_at_dnai.com (Lucie Johnson) wrote:

> I am working with Oracle 7.1.3 and I heard a rumor that the Oracle manual
> calculations are wrong! Anyone out there heard the same thing? My problem is the
> people that are telling me this were working with the 6.0 version. My question to you
> the world out there is, is this true for the 7.1.3 version? Thanks a bizzillions to
> whomever can answer my question.... who knows I may be able to help someday too!
>
> Another non techie question is anyone can tell me about any Oracle user group in Sf
> or the East Bay? thanks a bizzillion too.....
>
> Yours Lucie.... not ball....

  I am no expert at sizing tables since I am just starting, but   I received a response from a posting I put into the newsgroup   stating that a new DBA book out by Oracle Press has an excellent   section on sizing. I got my hands on one today but have not read   through it yet. It is written by Kevin Loney and published by   Osborne McGraw-Hill. Received on Wed Feb 01 1995 - 18:49:11 CET

Original text of this message