Re: 7.0.16 to 7.1.3

From: Sylvain Taccucci <staccuc_at_riq.qc.ca>
Date: 30 Jan 1995 05:21:24 GMT

In article <3fuvm3$ver_at_news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, colipha_at_ibm.net says:

>We are experiencing problems with 7.0.16 and Oracle has told us that the only
>solution is to upgrade. (Yippy) Is anyone running this version? How was the
>upgrade? (We are running Forms 3.0, Pro*C, and Pro*COBOL on a DG UX platform.)
>Any information would be appreciated.

        We had major problem with 7.0.16 on a Dec Alpha machine. The problems were related to the use of stored procedures, fonctions and packages. When the number of users started to increase 20, 30, 40 the problems were getting worst. We stated getting PL/SQL-6502 errors messages and ORA-1403 errors messages where stored function and procedures were called. Also, sometimes all users seems locked ! Oracle confirmed that it was a bug in 7.0.16 where storage space in SGA was corrupted. Some variables and packages states were getting values from other users values! At least that's what Oracle support told us. We had to rewrite every stored functions, procedures as an FORMS 4 library function; not always an easy task. That seems to solve the problem. We also increase the shared_pool in the sga. In the meantime we started testing the 7.1.3 versions. Or preleminary tests shows that the bug was fixed, but when we move or developpement teams from 7.0.16 to 7.1.3 we started getting back our 1403 errors messages. We are puisuing ours tests. As soon as I know more about this, I'll post a follow up. Received on Mon Jan 30 1995 - 06:21:24 CET

Original text of this message