Re: Looping tasks

From: tgoode <tgoode_at_infonomics.com>
Date: 30 Jan 1995 05:20:51 GMT

In article <603622877wnr_at_youngman.demon.co.uk>, Jeremy_at_youngman.demon.co.uk (Jeremy Youngman) says:

>Are there are Oracle users who have, or have had, problems with "looping"
>tasks? For example if a database user does not end his session cleanly
>then when the database is shutdown the user's task (still in a broken
>state on the system) suddenly starts looping? I've had advice about the
>use of "sig-hup" and "keep-alive", but we still have problems from time
>to time so I'm hoping for a "been there, done that, got the T-shirt"
>person who could offer some advice?

This problem has occurred on HP-UX, and Sequent machines running ksh. Oracle Corp warns against spawning Oracle processes under ksh in general. sh of course is fine. I have not idea if this applies to you, but I thought I'd mention it, because the description is exactly the same. It was much improved by using Bourne shell.

Tim Goode |
tgoode_at_infonomics.com |