Re: Need VT220 emulator for Unix supporting SQL*Forms V3.0

From: Jeffrey M. Altbush <jmaaltbush_at_tasc.com>
Date: 27 Jan 1995 13:37:16 GMT

In article <1995Jan24.134827.1_at_rhine.is.rice.edu>, nmetro_at_rhine.is.rice.edu (Nick Metrowsky) says:

>This is more of a Unix question than an Oracle one, but here goes. We are
>looking for a DEC VT220 emulator that will run on Unix and support SQL*Forms
>V3.0. Any Unix types out there know of such a thing it would be most helpful.
>
>We will eventually be mapping Banner V2 keymaps to the a Sun type 5 keyboard;
>going through the VT220 emulator.

I had exactly this problem and after much effort solved it in the following way:

   o Run your SQL*Menu and SQL*Form applications under xterm.

      Don't use the Openwindows Command Tool (cmdtool) window.

   o Launch your xterm with the -sf option. This makes the

      Sun 5 F-keys available. Check out the man pages on xterm.  There
      are a number of command line options available for xterm
      you may want to use which address the title, font size, and so
      on.

   o  When you launch Forms or Menu, use the xtermsun5:sun5 resource
      mapping.

Hopes this solves your problem. Feel free to e-mail me if there are follow-up questions.

Jeffrey Altbush
jmaltbush_at_tasc.com
TASC, Inc. Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 14:37:16 CET

Original text of this message