Re: Errors installing Personal Oracle 7

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 19:07:39 GMT

In article <3g8f23$66o_at_netserv.unmc.edu>, Mike Oswald <moswald_at_unmc.edu> wrote:
>In the /PO7_WIN/INSTALL directory there are some release notes that will
>answer this question for you. FileName: RELEASE.PO7
>
>Good luck...let us know...I'm running with 8meg and would like to hear
>if someone has been able to get this thing to run.
It should run, but you will still most likely need a decent sized swap file (maybe 16mb)... It seems as though the install has a 'spike' where it needs more memory to install and create the initial database but after that you may be able to lower the swap file...

>BTW...is Personal Oracle7 and Object Oracle intended for other applications
>to access the RDBMS since SQL*Forms, SQL*Reports, and other things are
>missing from the installation?
Oracle Objects can be used for access, but so can the CDE2 tools. It's not that they are missing, it's just that they aren't included... Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 20:07:39 CET

Original text of this message