Errors installing Personal Oracle 7

From: Spencer H Moore <Spencer.H.Moore_at_tek.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 22:19:55 GMT

I'm having difficulty installing Personal Oracle 7 under Windows 3.1 on a 486/66 with 20M memory. The install appears to run just fine until the end when it tries to start up the database. I get the following messages in my build.log file:

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed DBA-00302: not connected to a database

When I try to run SQL*DBA I get these error messages:

DBA-00314: unable to attach to default host ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

When I try to startup the database via the database manager I get the following error messages:

ORA-00205:  error in identifying control file "%RDBMS71_CONTROL%ctl1.ora'
ORA-09202:  sfifi:  error identifying file
OSD-01002:  unable to open file (OS 2)

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks in advance.

Spencer Moore Received on Fri Jan 20 1995 - 23:19:55 CET

Original text of this message