Re: Oracle on DEC ALPHA

From: Lisa Roderick <roderick_at_eps.enet.dec.com>
Date: 26 Jan 1995 20:20:45 GMT

In article <3g3ms1$k02_at_yoda.Syntex.Com>, rjen_at_rvax.syntex.com says...

>You're not the only one who feels this way. We are also a DEC site and feel
>we are getting poor support and Oracle is unresponsive to our needs. At the
>last Northern CA Oracle User Group meeting, other DEC sites expressed the same
>sentiments - although there seem to be fewer and fewer DEC sites, as many are
>switching to unix. Now that Oracle has bought RDB, is there anywhere to get
>better service - or is DEC dead for database users?

When you talk about DEC sites, are you talking about OpenVMS VAX? Because Digital produces DEC OSF/1, which is UNIX. So, DEC doesn't mean VAX anymore.

But to answer your question, sales of and migration to OpenVMS Alpha is going very well for Digital right now. OpenVMS Alpha's future is bright. Oracle is keeping up-to-date its database releases on OpenVMS Alpha.

Lisa Roderick
Applications Systems Engineering Performance Group Digital Equipment Corporation
Merrimack, NH
lisa.roderick._at_mko.mts.dec.com Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 21:20:45 CET

Original text of this message