Re: Oracle for Windows NT !

From: Mubashir Cheema <cheema_at_earth.sparco.com>
Date: 25 Jan 1995 21:01:22 -0600

pperucci_at_access.digex.net (Phil Perucci) writes:

>While Oracle is clearly one of the best RDBMS systems, my personal
>experience with Oracle 7 Workstation Server and CDE2 is less than
>ideal (beta versions).

>The NT Workstation Server is reported to be quite buggy on NT 3.5.

>The CDE2 won't install cleanly on NT 3.5, as it tries to install
>win32s.

 I was finally able to download the latest copy and everything installed  just fine and works perfectly. I have to admit I am new to Oracle and  haven't yet done alot of testing.

>Oh well, at least the CDs are nice and shiny!

 Well, I have alot of nice and shiny CDs of beta software. I would look  foolish if I started posting foolishness about how unsatisfied I am  with the beta version of some software, finished copies of which are  available for downloads to general public.

 Download the latest release and stop admiring that shiny beta CD :)

Mubashir Cheema Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 04:01:22 CET

Original text of this message