Re: ORA-9368: Windows 3.1 Two Task Driver error with Personal Oracle 7

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 08:33:49 -0800

In article <D2vtA9.MoG_at_demon.co.uk>, Tim Holmes <timh_at_psammead.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I get the error after installing Personal Oracle V7 onto MS
>Windows 3.1, and then trying to use just about anything. I can't
>seem to find anything remotely helpful about this in the supplied
>help files - can someone recommend a suitable course of action?
>How can I get more information about whats going on - is there a
>central error log I can enable?
>
>Full text: ORA-9368: Windows 3.1 Two Task Driver unable to spawn ORACLE
>
>Tim Holmes - Oracle Newbie, Ingres Oldbie, Sybase Maybie

From http://www.oracle.com/support/personalOracle7/po7-tips.html

-=-=-=-
An ORA-9368 error typically means you don't have enough memory.

The Personal Oracle7 database requires your PC to have 16Mb of physical RAM in it (virtual memory doesn't count). If you try to run Personal Oracle7 on a PC with less memory, you might get an ORA-9368 error. This isn't the only cause of an ORA-9368, but it's the most common one. -=-=-=-

Those support pages are there to answer just these kinds of questions... :) --Doug

--
Doug Bitting
Oracle Worldwide Customer Support