Re: Oracle for Windows NT !

From: Mubashir Cheema <cheema_at_earth.sparco.com>
Date: 24 Jan 1995 18:38:51 -0600

rhh_at_tachy.uah.ualberta.ca (Roy Hann) writes:

>Should a long time Paradox user give these products a try? Maybe.
>My guess is that if you are a long time user then Paradox solves
>your problems for you already. Products like CA-Ingres and Oracle
>really aim at a different kind of market, and may not solve
>Paradox-size problems well.

 I have reached a point where limitations of Paradox have started to bug  me. How do I access Paradox on an NT machine from a Web server on a Unix  machine ?

 The good thing about being able to access my database from the web is that  I could be ANYWHERE, using a no-name terminal, or a no-name web browser for  DOS, Windows or a no-name OS, and a no-name modem and a no-name telephone  and still be able to access my database. That IS important to me. And I  am sure our customers will like to be able to find out about the status of  their orders on-line too, and get tracking numbers and all that good stuff.

 Please correct me if I am wrong Paradox, Access, Fox Pro etc don't give me  these options under NT and Oracle supposedly does.

Mubashir Cheema Received on Wed Jan 25 1995 - 01:38:51 CET

Original text of this message