Re: Books on ORACLE

From: Richard Ellison <rellison_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 19:31:41 GMT

kalyanas_at_stimpy.eecis.udel.edu (Pramod Kalyanasundaram) wrote:
>Hi!
> Could someone recommend books on ORACLE 7.x? The kind of books
> that I am looking for are introductory to intermediate levels.
> Thanks in advance,
> Pramod.

Stimpy:

If you're looking for Oracle DBA books, look at the new books from Oracle Press:

  • ORACLE DBA Handbook, Kevin Loney, Osborne McGraw Hill, $35
  • Tuning ORACLE, Corey/Abbey/Dechichio, Osborne McGraw Hill, $30

Both books are clearly written and easier to find information in than the Administrator's Guide. There is supposedly a third book in the set of Oracle Press books. Anyone know what it's called? Hopefully they'll put out other books on subjects such as:

  • Forms 4.x
  • Managing Distributed Databases
  • Advanced SQL and PL/SQL

Also check out http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~dtb/orafaq/books.html on the web. It's one of the few places that I have seen lists or reviews of Oracle technical books. Received on Tue Jan 24 1995 - 20:31:41 CET

Original text of this message