Re: Cant export database! HELP!

From: Noah Monsey <noah_at_indirect.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 13:32:44 GMT

Ken Huisman (khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca) wrote:
: We just upgraded our netware oracle to 7.0.16.6.0 from 7.0.15 and now we
: cannot do an export! When we try to export the entire database, we get this
: error when it gets to exporting roles:

: .exporting roles
: EXP-00008 ORACLE error 904 encountered
: ORA-00904: invalid column name
: EXP-00222: System error number 2
: System error message: No such file or directory

: and then it terminates. This happens if I run exp from the netware console
: or from a PC over sqlnet. Has anyone else run into this problem? What do you
: do to fix it?

: thanks.

: Ken
: khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca

  I had a similar experience with 6.027 a while back. The problem Problem was actually a disk error not related to an upgrade. The error had damaged the database. It wouldn't go away even after a full database backup a reformating of the filesystem that the datafiles were on and a restore.   After a little time on the phone to Oracle tech support, the problem was solved by modifying a view used by the export utility. Luckily the table was not part of my production database. The solution wast to go into the script that creates the data dictionary views which are used by the export/import utilities and appending a statement like "object_id != 1024". I do not remember the exact systeax or name of the view, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

Oracle Master Database Administration April 92 Noah Monsey
noah_at_indirect.com Received on Mon Jan 23 1995 - 14:32:44 CET

Original text of this message