Re: Cant export database! HELP!

From: Arie Lodder <alodder_at_luna.nl>
Date: 23 Jan 1995 19:25:35 GMT

In article <khuisman.56.000915FD_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca>, khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca says...

>We just upgraded our netware oracle to 7.0.16.6.0 from 7.0.15 and now we
>cannot do an export! When we try to export the entire database, we get
 this
>error when it gets to exporting roles:
>
>.exporting roles
>EXP-00008 ORACLE error 904 encountered
>ORA-00904: invalid column name
>EXP-00222: System error number 2
>System error message: No such file or directory
>

>and then it terminates. This happens if I run exp from the netware
 console
>or from a PC over sqlnet. Has anyone else run into this problem? What
 do you
>do to fix it?
>
>thanks.
>
>Ken
>
>khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca

Dear Ken,

We have encopuntered the same problem.
Check Your ORACLE7 manual I dont have it here so i can not show you which manual and page but you will will find.

The problem is that the user which tries to do an export neeeds grants to certain tables in the system tablespace. Look in your ORACLE file for a file like 'EXP.SQL' to grant this to public. This will solve your problem.

Success,
Arie Lodder
Numansdorp
alodder_at_luna.nl Received on Mon Jan 23 1995 - 20:25:35 CET

Original text of this message