Re: Database sizing

From: DavidJRoth <davidjroth_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Jan 1995 11:37:53 -0500

>Subject: Database sizing
>From: parris_at_walleye.esp.bellcore.com (Parris Geiser)
>Date: 12 Jan 1995 13:36:59 GMT

>Hi,
> I have a DB with many tables, indexes, etc. Does anyone know
> of a product (or have a script) that when given the number
> of rows (etc) will tell me how big a file I need?
> E.g., NumberRows*RowSize + overhead = ...

Check the ORACLE7 Server - Administrators Guide Chapter 8.

An easier way is to create a table with a few typical rows. Run ANALYZE TABLE.
Get the actual size of the table from USER_TABLES. Use a spread sheet to extrapolate to the expected number of rows. Received on Sat Jan 21 1995 - 17:37:53 CET

Original text of this message