Re: Oracle for Windows - Possible ?

From: Narendra P. Goyal <ay960_at_yfn.ysu.edu>
Date: 21 Jan 1995 05:01:23 GMT

>Steve Edelstein (74160.645_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
>: I'm running CDE2 on Windows 3.11 now. Its beta, but VERY stable.
>: I love it: I can run Oracle 7 in Enhanced mode (and therefore
>: have access to enhanced mode products like WordPerfect 6.0). The
>: CDE tools are fast and well done. Look for it on the WWW page at
>: www.oracle.com. Try it...its well worth it...its the best Oracle
>: product for the PC yet!
>
>Great to hear that Oracle have released their version 7 trial version on
>www site (www.oracle.com). I've check it, and it's over 16MB! Downloading
>it will need quite a long time ...especially from oversea site. I am wonder
>if it is possible for Oracle, or someone, put it on CD-Rom? Anyone, or Oracle,
>have done it?
>

>If you check the www site there is a choice to download or have the cd-rom maile
>d to you.

At begining of Dec-94 the President of Oracle CASE SIG has announced that ......"OCSIG members will receive a copy of Oracle7 for windows and the CDE2  Toolset, including Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5. and Oracle Graphics.'.. ......
You can reach him at 76702.456_at_compuserve.com Best of Luck

NP Goyal.