Re: PowerBuilder!

From: Theresa Stone <stone2_at_niehs.nih.gov>
Date: 20 Jan 1995 09:08 EST

In article <3e8rig$44v_at_unidoct.Chemietechnik.Uni-Dortmund.DE>, tim_at_plato.chemietechnik.uni-dortmund.de (Tim Bernhardt) writes...
>Hi all!
>
> I've heard that PowerBuilder is a decent report generator for Oracle.
>Could you please e-mail me where I can get it and what the costs or
>conditions will be? We are looking for any kind of report generators
>so if you know about some other application that does a good job
>on that please tell me about it.
>
>Thank you!
>tim bernhardt
>
>--
>Tim Bernhardt HiWi fuer Systemadministration
>
>tim_at_plato.chemietechnik.uni-dortmund.de CTG2 R613, Tel. 755 - 3034

Powerbuilder is a GUI tool. Reporting is just part of what it can do. If you are looking for a tool that only does reports, I would not recommend Powerbuilder because it's about $2000 for the full fledged product (the Enterprise edition). Powersoft Corporation makes a product called PowerViewer, though, that was intended to be a report generator. They have since merged PowerViewer with PowerMaker to yield InfoMaker. The number I have for the corporate sales representative is Amy Madden (508)287-1523. She can answer questions about cost better than I. Crystal Reports is a good tool for the cost but the company is hard to get a hold of for technical support.

Good luck!

Theresa Received on Fri Jan 20 1995 - 15:08:00 CET

Original text of this message