Re: Report Writer for Oracle needed

From: Timothy Wong <roadgoat_at_crl.com>
Date: 12 Jan 1995 21:55:51 -0800

You might also want to look at Borland's ReportSmith SQL and Crystal Reports. ReportSmith is a great product but they have this stupid bug in their native oracle driver that allows it only to read Oracle6 tables. You can hit Oracle7 via ODBC (I do it this way). You can also run the catalog6.sql script in Oracle7 to create a oracle6 view, but I can't do that on most of the servers I report off of (they aren't mine). Crystal uses ODBC in the version I have.

--
Tim Wong
roadgoat_at_crl.com