Re: Mulit-instance Communication under NT

From: Paul Singer <singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>
Date: 13 Jan 1995 01:21:37 GMT

Mika.Perkio_at_tieh.fi (Mika Perkio) wrote:
> So far I
> know using version 7.0. of Oracle RDBMS with NT 3.5 is not recommended.

I know. I have had my concerns that this migh be the root of my problem.

> You should obtain newer verision of Oracle (7.1.3.). This version should
> be releasead soon if not yet. Performance of 7.0.15.6 under NT Version
> 3.5 is very poor. This combination reduce performance over 40%.
> What kind of errormsg you get?

I am only performing testing at home. Performance of the database is not an issue for me in this envronment.

The errors are ORA 6221 & ORA 6223

I could try the TCP/IP protocol stack. However, I do not have a network card in this system. I am not shure how well it would work. I am using the remote capabilities though. Received on Fri Jan 13 1995 - 02:21:37 CET

Original text of this message