Re: Forms 3.0 question: Return & Next-Fld keys

From: Guerry Semones <guerry_at_iluvatar.tip.duke.edu> <guerry_at_iluvatar>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 17:03:16 -0500 (EST)

On 5 Jan 1995, David Hiltz wrote:

> Is there a way to stop the Return key from performing a next-field
> function? I already have the TAB key for this purpose (vt100 terminal
> type). In the "show keys" screen, Next Field is defined as TAB, and the
> Return key is simply Return. So why does Return take me to the next field?
>
> I ultimately would like to use the Return key for another purpose, can
> this be done?

You would probably have to use Oracle*Terminal to redefine the Return key for the terminal definition file, or whatever Oracle calls it. This is generally how you remap keys. Whether you can remap Return, I'm not sure, but you probably can.

In Oracle*Terminal you map a Forms function to a key description and that to the physical key. This is what you will have to do anyway to give the "Return" key a new function.

No guarantees that you can do it with Return though....

 Guerry A. Semones

  • Copyright (C) 1995 : All rights reserved
  • My opinions are my own, regardless of who my employer is.