Re: Archive process too slow - please..

From: Paul Collins <76004.2053_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 5 Jan 1995 01:27:34 GMT

  1. Is the drive the archive logs are on used by any other process? If so put them on their own drive.
  2. Are you using raw devices?
  3. Are you using multiple database writers or async writes?
  4. 1gig of redos seems large unless you DB is 100gig plus.
  5. How many redo logs do you have and how big are they.
  6. How often are you doing a log switch. Do you log switch only when your redo fills up. If not you are just wasting space if you increase your redo log space.

To really help you I would need more info about your environment. you can mail me back if you want to talk. A short phone call would probably be best.

Paul Collins Received on Thu Jan 05 1995 - 02:27:34 CET

Original text of this message