Re: Recommendations? Need image-capable DBMS for Sun

From: Dana 'FelineGrace' Bourgeois <fg_at_jobe.shell.portal.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 12:32:14 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 31 Dec 1994, Paul Eggert wrote:

> eedrjb_at_teamos.ericsson.se (Russell Bride) writes:
>
> All the major DBMSes support images. But none seem to do a particularly
> good job right now. Of the major DBMSes, Sybase's image support is
> perhaps the creakiest (at least if you want to _update_ your images :-).

How does Ingres support images? I have 6.0.4 on SUN 4.1.3 and I haven't seen any BLOB support which is what I would expect to handle images.

I am interested in documents rather than images, actually. I would like to put one document per record rather than have to code methods to break documents into multiple records and reassemble them again later.

| Dana Bourgeois        | Too much is just enough.
| Sys Admin             |