Re: Recommendations? Need image-capable DBMS for Sun

From: neologic <neologic_at_dnai.com>
Date: 8 Jan 1995 09:51:05 GMT

Russell,

NeoAccess is a cross-platform object-oriented database engine based on C++. It consists of a set of C++ classes that extend standard application frameworks to provide object persistence and the organizational capabilities of an object database. NeoAccess includes very strong support for BLOBs. As a matter of fact, one of the sample applications that come with the product, called "Photographer's Assistant", which is a simple image cataloging application using BLOBs.

Just to give you a few more details... All of the data contained in NeoAccess databases, including indices, can be in a single file, so users can treat a database file as they would a standard document file. Files are binary compatable across platforms as well. And the programming model is designed to keep visible complexity to a minimum while providing a feature-rich foundation on which to build and enhance applications. The product comes with full source code and is priced at only $749 per developer with no runtime licensing fees.

I'd be glad to send out additional information if you mail me your particulars and a little bit of info about the kind of development you're looking to use it for (platform, development environment, etc.).

Regards,

Bob Krause
NeoLogic
(510) 524-5897 Received on Sun Jan 08 1995 - 10:51:05 CET

Original text of this message