Performance Problem on VAX

From: Gray, Albert <csc_albert_at_uhdvx3.dt.uh.edu>
Date: 4 Jan 1995 11:31 CST

After turning our Oracle appl over a year ago, the statistic DBWR FREE NEEDED has always been zero or very close to zero. Suddenly, performance has slowed noticeable and DBWR FREE NEEDED has jumped to 500,000. None of the init.ora parameters has been changed. The SA tells me none of the vax system parameters has been changed. Obviously, something has changed. Does anyone have an idea? Could this be a hardward problem? We are running Oracle 6.0.37 on a VAX 4000-600 using VMS V5.5-2.

Thanks for your help.

Albert
csc_albert_at_dt4.dt.uh.edu Received on Wed Jan 04 1995 - 18:31:00 CET

Original text of this message