ProC and multiple logons

From: Dhawal Tyagi <tyagi_at_srishti.cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 16:24:44 -0500

Hi,
I'm writing C program, in which I first logon to the database with say userid A/B, then I fork a child process in which when I try to logon with userid C/D, I get an error " ORA-01075: you are currently logged on" Now I understand that in the same process I can't logon more than once but is this applicable to child processes also ? Previously I was doing this in two different threads, but was getting the same thing, so I switched to fork(), but sigh...

System Sun SPARC 10, Solaris 2.3, Oracle 7.1.3 , ProC 2.0.3

Regards
Dhawal

--
Programmer/Analyst