Re: tablespace 'SYSTEM'

From: Keith Thompson <mcdoo_at_worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 4 Jan 1995 03:42:35 GMT

In article <D1tnsp.D9F_at_mail.auburn.edu>, moorthy_at_eng.auburn.edu (Moorthy N. Rekapalli) says:

>I am trying to create a default block. When I am saving the form, I am getting the error:
> ORA-01547: failed to allocate extent of size 62 in tablespace 'SYSTEM'
>
>But, I could generate and execute the form. What do I need to do to save the form in this situation.
>
>Where can I find the solutions for ORA-xxxxx errors. I have SQL*Forms Designer's reference, in which there are only FRM-xxxxx errors.

The ORA-01547 tells you that there is not enough room in the SYSTEM tablespace to store your code - in other words the tablespace is full. More disk space needs to be allocated for use by the SYSTEM tablespace. Space can be added (in the form of an operating system file) by using the ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE... statement. See the SQL Reference Manual for complete syntax (or see your DBA).

Most ORA style messages can be found in the Oracle Messages and Codes manual.

Hope this helps

Keith Thompson Received on Wed Jan 04 1995 - 04:42:35 CET

Original text of this message