Re: [Q] V7.0 vs. V7.1?

From: Paul Singer <singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 22:38:48

In article <3dag6h$4m0_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com> bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com (Byron Pearce) writes:
>From: bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com (Byron Pearce)
>Subject: [Q] V7.0 vs. V7.1?
>Date: 22 Dec 1994 00:10:57 GMT

>Okay, here's the question of the day. . .

>What is involved in a port from the Oracle V7.0 RDBMS to the Oracle
>V7.1 RDBMS? As I understand it, the only difference is the the
>parallel server option and all of the internals, structures, et al.
>remain the same.

>I would appreciate any information that
anyone

I used Oracle's install to perfrom the upgrade of the database from 7.0.16.4 to 7.1.3.2 No changes were required of any of the applications.

The installation procudure was simple. It runs a series of scripts that make alterations to the system catalogs.

Please note. we do not make extensive use of triggers or stored procedures. I would not expect any major problmes but...

Also. We use the cost based optimizer. There were some changes in its behavior between the versions. To the best of my ability to tell these changes have been benificial. However, you would be well served by checking the execution plans of any critical queries after the upgrade (often easer said than done I realize).

singerap_at_electriciti.com or singerap_at_songs.sce.com

"The best revenge is to live well." Received on Thu Dec 22 1994 - 22:38:48 CET

Original text of this message