Re: Oracle 7 and the SP2

From: MPROVOST <mprovost_at_delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 18 DEC 94 11:46:28 -0500

Are you implementing a DSS or OLTP application with the SP2 and Oracle. If it' is OLTP, are you using Tuxedo ? I just completed a benchmark of an SP2 with Oracle and Tuxedo and we ran into what appear to be scaling issues on the bridging end of Tuxedo/T. We aren't sure about this but external symptoms seem to point in this direction. The Sp2 itself scaled very well and exhibited very fast performance. We used beta Oracle 7.1.3.n.n. Nothing was mentioned about withdrawal of Oracle 7 by either IBM or Oracle. Received on Sun Dec 18 1994 - 17:46:28 CET

Original text of this message