Oracle7 ODBC problems

From: KPGraham <kpgraham_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 Dec 1994 14:35:15 -0500

I am using VB and Oracle 6 with ODBC - It's sometimes slow but it works. I recently installed Oracle 7 ODBC drivers and my applications consistantly crash within minutes, usually seconds. Windows locks up. Other applications that use the Oracle 7 drivers (not ODBC) have no problems.

Is this a known reaction to the new ODBC drivers?

I understand that ODBC drivers are a little intense but not impossible to write. Has anyone written an alternative to the Oracle or Microsoft stuff?

Thanks for any help,

    Keith P. Graham
    KPGraham_at_AOL.COM Received on Fri Dec 16 1994 - 20:35:15 CET

Original text of this message